Navigating a Fair Value Audit Review
Part 5 of BVR's Special Series on Fair Value
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Get an inside look at how public accounting firms review fair value appraisals prepared for their clients’ financial reporting purposes with a 360 degree overview of the audit review process. Join experts Kesh Iyer and Lindsay Hill as they review the roles individuals play (e.g., audit team versus valuation team); the impact of risk on the level of scrutiny required for a review; and practical examples of how the fair value review team documents assumptions underlying key inputs like discount rates and market multiples. In addition to bringing a greater understanding to the role of each stakeholder, this session will emphasize and harmonize the goals of each participant in the fair value audit review process.
- Goals of the fair value review
- Overview of the fair value review process
- Typical timeline
- Team structure
- Assessment of risk
- Practical examples
- Common stock compensation assumptions
- Common purchase price allocation assumptions
- Common impairment assumptions
- Errors, omissions, and disagreements
- Learn how a fair value review is structured in most public accounting firms
- Understand the level of support required to document key valuation assumptions
- Learn how fair value review teams addresses errors, omissions and disagreements
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.