BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, January 30, 2014
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Love them or hate them, hotels are a ubiquitous feature of modern life – and frequently of business appraisal. In their January 30 webinar, experts Mark Dayman and Kari Lazarova join BVR for an examination of the numerous valuation challenges posed by these deceptively simple businesses. Join them to learn what every business appraiser should know when appraising a hotel.
- Intro to hotel valuation for BV appraisers
- Standards of value
- Portfolio analysis
- Accounting fair value
- Eminent domain considerations
- Ad valorem tax
- Where a BV appraisal will not work
- Economic components of a hotel
- Development of value
- Value drivers
- Future market position
- Business income versus real property income
- Cost of capital for hotels
- Allocation of real property value
- Allocation of BV Intangible value
- Learn how to apply common business appraisal techniques and analysis to a hotel appraisal
- Learn the importance of real property value in hotel operations and analysis as well as the importance of separating such value from business value
- Learn how optimize the appraisal process given information provided by the operations and marketplaces for hotels
- learn which common mistakes must be avoided to arrive at a sound conclusion of value
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.