As of 2006 there were more than 160,000 practicing dentists of all types in the United States, 63 percent of whom ran practices in which they were the only licensed dentist. With government oversight and professional licensing alone dentistry practices can be an appraisal challenge. Add in capital expenses, professional and personal goodwill, and insurance requirements – as both a provider of care and retainer of malpractice coverage, and the world of dentistry can suddenly become an appraiser’s nightmare. Fortunately, BVR assembled an all-star panel to provide the guidance needed to deal with the numerous and complicated obstacles presented by valuing dental practices.
On May 14, 2009, James Andersen and Ron Seigneur, both highly experienced expert appraisers, joined Dr. Stephen Persichetti, a practicing dentist and professor of dental practice management, for a 100-minute program outlining the ins and outs of dental practice valuation. This panel delivered all the hands-on how-to knowledge needed to ensure your next dental practice valuation is clear, logical, and defensible.
This program is eligible for self-study CPE credit
Click here for more information on self-study CPE and program eligibility by state.
- Overview of the dental industry and dental practice
- Common valuation challenges presented in dental practice valuation
- Complex issues relating to market place and operating requirements
- Applying the correct business valuation techniques when appraising a dental practice
- Identify industry trends that are affecting the supply and demand for dental services and dental practices.
- Define the impact of practice transitions on practice performance, profitability, and value
- Associate proper income measurements with salaries for dental professionals
- Identify how practice specialty and type drive values and can determine the use of valuation methodologies.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
Program Level: Advanced
Preparation Required: None
Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
Recommended CPE: 2 (Specialized Knowledge & Applications)
Business Valuation Resources, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
IMPORTANT: Each Training Pack includes an MP4 video file, MP3 audio file, complete transcript, slide presentation in PDF format, and additional reading materials when available. Please note that Training Packs can take up to 4 weeks after the webinar to complete. Once available you will receive an email with a special link to download your Training Pack. If you are ordering a Training Pack after the 4 week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your "safe list" to ensure you receive your Training Pack.