Valuing Dental Practices
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, May 14, 2009
12:00am-2:00am PT • 3:00am-5:00am ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
As of 2006 there were more than 160,000 practicing dentists of all types in the United States, 63 percent of whom ran practices in which they were the only licensed dentist. With government oversight and professional licensing alone dentistry practices can be an appraisal challenge. Add in capital expenses, professional and personal goodwill, and insurance requirements – as both a provider of care and retainer of malpractice coverage, and the world of dentistry can suddenly become an appraiser's nightmare. Luckily, BVR has assembled an all-star panel to provide the guidance needed to deal with the numerous and complicated obstacles presented by valuing dental practices.
On May 14, 2009, James Andersen and Ron Seigneur, both highly experienced expert appraisers, will join Dr. Stephen Persichetti, a practicing dentist and professor of dental practice management, for a 100-minute program outlining the ins and outs of dental practice valuation. This panel will deliver all the hands-on how-to knowledge needed to ensure your next dental practice valuation is clear, logical, and defensible.
- Overview of the dental industry and dental practice
- Common valuation challenges presented in dental practice valuation
- Complex issues relating to market place and operating requirements
- Applying the correct business valuation techniques when appraising a dental practice
- Learn the best practices when valuing a dental practice
- Understand the specific requirements of operating a dental practice and what they mean for the appraisal process
- Clarify personal and professional goodwill and understand other intangible assets to a dental practice
- Develop a clear view of a complex and dynamic market place
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
- Instructions for retrieving the Self-Study exam materials
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
Self-Study CPE credits are available for this program.
Here are the steps to prepare for and receive the program's Self-Study CPE credits:
- Purchase the Training Pack for this program (see the link above).
- Review the course materials and exam instructions provided with the Training Pack.
- Once you're ready, take the online Self-Study CPE Exam for this program.
A minimum of 70% of the exam's questions must be answered correctly to pass, and the exam must be completed within one year of purchasing the Training Pack.
- After you've finished the exam, you will be asked to pay a $100 CPE processing charge.
- Once BVR has your successfully completed exam and processing fee, you will be sent a CPE certificate via email 10-20 business days later.
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
- Program Level: Advanced
- Preparation Required: None
- Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
- Recommended CPE: 2.0 Credit Hours (Specialized Knowledge & Applications)
Business Valuation Resources is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National
Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.