Smarter Spreadsheets: Improving the Efficiency and Accuracy of a Valuation in Excel
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
- Introduction of the presenter's spreadsheet usage – where he began what he does now
- Discussion of the mouse and why it is really not as cool as it used to be
- Formatting options – making things look cool without losing functionality
- Names are powerful – Especially if one uses them with dropdown menus
- Typing only the first few letters and then moving on
- Text can be a formula too, and self-update as assumptions change
- Grabbing numbers from one sheet and making sure they don’t change without permission
- Manipulating text – what if I only want to reference part of that sentence?
- Gridlines look great in Excel, not so much in Word
- True love is not conditional, but formatting in Excel can be
- Looking at Excel from a different point of view
- Navigating through a complicated workbook doesn’t have to be a pain
- Nested IF statements – mixing conditions and variables
- If we have time, a brief look through what the book will teach you how to build.
- Describe the benefit of naming
- Demonstrate conditional formating
- Demonstrate nested if statements
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.