BVLaw Case Update: Appraisal Courts Alleging Expert Bias, a Party Alleging Faulty ESOP Rulings, and a Court Alleging Goodwill Incompetency by the Lower Court
BVR's Webinar Series
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
10:00am-11:15am PT • 1:00pm-2:15pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($99.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
Harness the energy of fall and collect CE credit by attending BVLaw’s latest Case Update webinar. Join veteran valuation analyst Jim Alerding (Alerding Consulting LLC) and BVR’s legal editor, Sylvia Golden, for a 75-minute discussion of some of the most compelling recent valuation and economic damages decisions. The speakers will dig into several hotly debated statutory appraisal decisions issued by courts in Minnesota and Delaware, a highly contested ESOP case that has already triggered a motion for reconsideration and an admission of valuation-related errors by the court, as well as a recent New Jersey divorce case that discusses the complexity of valuing the goodwill attached to an equity interest in a law firm.
- Lund v. Lund, 27-CV-14-20058 (I. Bernhardson) (District Court, Fourth Judicial District, Hennepin County, Minnesota) (June 2, 2017)
- Brundle v. Wilmington Trust N.A., 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 35811 (March 13, 2017), and Brundle v. Wilmington Trust N.A., 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 97752 (June 23, 2017) (Brundle II)
- In re PetSmart, Inc., 2017 Del. Ch. LEXIS 89 (May 26, 2017)
- In re Appraisal of SWS Group, Inc., 2017 Del. Ch. LEXIS 90 (May 30, 2017)
- Slutsky v. Slutsky, 2017 N.J. Super. LEXIS 120 (Aug. 8, 2017)
* Agenda subject to change
- Learn about recent valuation and/or damages cases challenging the thinking about methodology and the act of presenting as an expert
- Find out what drove the court’s decision
- Understand a case’s larger significance in the valuation and expert testimony worlds
- Describe how appraisers and litigators have dealt with similar valuation and litigation issues
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.