Valuation of Investment Advisory Firms
Part 1 of BVR's Special Series on Banking and Financial Services
Thursday, January 26, 2017
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Investment Advisory Firms are different from other professional service businesses, and there are important details about the investment advisory industry to consider in the valuation process. In this webinar, expert Warren Burkholder will discuss ownership of a fractional interest in a business entity (usually caused by either divorce or a transfer of interest) and some of the potential encumbrances like complex contractual and legal rights. This session also covers deals to transfer of a 100% ownership of the book of business and the associated post-closing transition, non-compete agreements, and financing options. Invest in this session and get a high return on your next investment advisory firm engagement.
- How investment advisors fit into the financial services industry
- Factors to consider in valuation of an investment advisory firm
- Transaction data for investment advisors- What is included in the typical terms and conditions of sale
- How to approach fractional ownership interest in investment advisory firms, the elephant in the room- compensation
- Learn important details about the investment advisory industry that are important to consider in the valuation process
- Be able to differentiate investment advisory firms from other professional service businesses for valuation purposes
- Learn best practices in valuation of 100% ownership interest in investment advisors when market transaction values are relevant to the intended purpose of the valuation
- Get best practices in valuation of minority interest in investment advisors when market transaction values are relevant to intended purpose for either tax or dispute
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.