How to Measure Anything: Keynote Quarterly
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, January 12, 2017
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Measurement is a key concept in valuation, but many business components are inherently difficult to measure. Join Doug Hubbard, the author of one of the best-selling business statistics books of all time, How to Measure Anything: Finding the Value of Intangibles in Business, for this must-attend webinar. He will explain why nothing that matters to you or your organization is truly immeasurable. In addition, he will cover three reasons why anything was ever believed to be immeasurable and why each of these reasons is based on simple misconceptions and ambiguities. Even without a strong background in statistics or the scientific method, you can learn simple techniques that provide informative measurements for many of the problems previously believed to be impossible measurements.
About Keynote Quarterly: This new quarterly series from BVR explores topics and concepts that lend themselves to a deeper understanding of valuation. These events are ideal for all practitioners looking to see valuation concepts and issues with a fresh perspective.
- What the scientific definition of measurement really means and how it is relevant to your real-world decisions
- How to clarify measurement challenges so that even "soft" problems can be defined quantitatively
- How widely-held misconceptions about statistics get in the way of useful measurements
- Learn how to define measurement, uncertainty, and risk in a way that is both scientific and practical
- Understand the types of questions to ask about common measurement problems -like "reputation", "quality" and others - so that they can be defined unambiguously
- Learn some statistically-sound but simple measurement methods that can be applied to many practical problems even when you think you don't have enough data
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.