Valuing and Auditing Contingent Consideration
Part 3 of BVR's Special Series on Fair Value
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Is that contingent consideration actually just post-transaction compensation? How can an earn out impact a company’s internal rate of return? What is the most effective valuation method to use in the context of a contingent consideration? Learn the answers to these questions, and bring your own, to this expert driven session led by Brad Koranda and Paul Diegnau. With thorough examples using multiple methodologies and insight into the accounting and auditing considerations, including proper documentation, this presentation will provide you with the answers and confidence to proceed through your next post-transaction puzzle.
- Compensation vs. Consideration – Testing a contingent payment to determine whether it’s actually purchase consideration or is simply post-transaction compensation
- Evaluating the appropriate discount rates to use when present valuing future contingent payments
- Best practices when selecting a methodology
- Probability-weighted expected return method (PWERM)
- Option pricing
- Simulation methods
- Auditing contingent consideration
- Learn how to test a contingent payment
- Describe how to choose the appropriate discount rates to use when present valuing future contingent payments
- Learn what factors to consider when choosing a model
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.