Working Capital and Value: Gone But Not Forgotten?
BVR's Webinar Series
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Why is working capital given so much attention in the context of a private business sale, yet given so little attention in the typical business valuation report? Do you wonder how others consider working capital levels and changes in their reports, given the relative lack of resources available on the topic? This session, led by Glen Birnbaum of Heinold Banwart, Ltd and Kevin Yeanoplos of Brueggeman and Johnson Yeanoplos, P.C., will provide a common framework that all appraisers can use to ensure that working capital is not forgotten.
- Private vs. public perspective of working capital and its importance in the sale of a business
- Working capital definition and components including understanding the underlying transactions
- Methodology to determine excess or deficient working capital including the calculation of target working capital in typical private sale
- Forecasting working capital changes using the discounted cash flow approach
- Working capital management, how to increase value in years leading up to a sale
- Working capital and purchase price allocation valuations
- Understand the importance of and be able to define working capital in the context valuing a private business
- Identify different methods for determining excess or deficient working capital
- Learn how to properly consider working capital needs when utilizing the discounted cash flow approach
- Identify ways to assist seller’s with working capital management to allow them to extract more value from their business in the years leading up to sale
- Understand working capital’s importance as a contributory asset in purchase price allocations
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.