BVLaw Case Update: A One Hour Briefing
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, April 2, 2015
10:00am-11:00am PT • 1:00pm-2:00pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
BVR’s Case Law Update returns. Find out which recent opinions from state and federal courts have valuators talking, frowning, or puzzled by tuning in to a one-hour briefing with BVR’s Executive Legal Editor, Sylvia Golden, and valuation expert, James Alerding (Alerding Consulting). The presenters will discuss six decisions from various legal disciplines that affect how practitioners approach litigation. This round of noteworthy cases includes opinions that wrestle with issues such as double dipping, measuring compensation in case of expropriation of a business, and determining fair value in a misappropriation of funds case with scant financial information. But wait, there is more...
- Cortes v 3A N. Park Ave Rest Corp., 2014 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 4693 (Oct. 28, 2014)(Slip Op)—judicial buyout
- Cohen & Company v. Breen, 2014 Ohio App. LEXIS 3847 (Sept. 11, 2014)—breach of contract claim meets accounting malpractice counterclaim
- McCarter v. McCarter, 2014 Tenn. App. LEXIS 778 (Dec. 1, 2014)—divorce case, goodwill
- Estate of Giustina v. Commissioner, 2014 U.S. App. LEXIS 22961 (Dec. 5, 2014)—Ninth Circuit review of Tax Court's valuation in Estate of Giustina v. Commissioner, 2011 Tax Ct. Memo LEXIS 141(June 22, 2011)
- City of Baton Rouge v. Jay’s Donuts, Inc., 2014 La. App. Unpub. LEXIS 722 (Dec. 17, 2015)—expropriation of business owner compensation
- Bohme v. Bohme, 2015 Ohio App. LEXIS 325 (Jan. 30, 2015), revisiting Heller v. Heller, 2008 Ohio App. LEXIS 2788 (Heller I) (June 30, 2008)—divorce, double dipping
- Identify recent cases in various areas of law that shed new light on valuation issues and expert testimony
- Discuss how legal and valuation-related considerations (methodology, standards, professional conduct) shaped the outcome of the case
- Identify “hot” issues or emerging trends in business valuation
- Learn the important takeaways from the individual decisions
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.