Business Valuation for Banks
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Whether by rule, regulation, or technical expertise, there are cases where a business appraiser can help a bank assess the appropriateness of a proposed loan. In this webinar, expert appraiser Franz Ross joins BVR for a look at the opportunities and challenges that lie with any valuation engagement performed for bank consumption. Through a review of standards, regulations, and assignment scenarios, Ross will address what appraisers should know to work with bank clients, their real property appraisers, and their clients. Along the way he'll address common pitfalls and how best to avoid them.
- The rules in the current SBA SOP and how they have changed in the past few years
- Valuing invested capital versus equity
- Using the cost and market approaches for allocations to A/R, inventory, FF&E, and intangibles
- How two appraisers should work together when one is appraising real estate and the other, the business
- Report writing best practices
- Common Errors
- Growth assumptions
- WACC implementations
- Temporarily adoption of cash held as part of the business value
- Site visits and interviews
- Customer concentration risk
- Identify the engagements for which a bank should engage a business appraiser
- Define the role a business appraiser plays in a banking assignment and how this affects the valuation process
- Associate best practices with bank engagements in order to overcome common challenges
- Define common errors in valuations performed for banks
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.