BVLaw™ Case Update: A One Hour Briefing
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, August 21, 2014
10:00am-11:00am PT • 1:00pm-2:00pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
On August 21, the BVLaw™ Case Update returns with a one hour briefing from BVLaw™ Legal Editor Sylvia Golden and valuation expert James Alerding. Join BVR’s point-counterpoint answer to Shields and Brooks, Couric and Lauer, and Hall and Oates for a discussion of recent and impactful judicial decisions that shape the methods and practices of valuation professionals. Their docket of must-know cases will include the statutory appraisal that introduced the Delaware Chancery to the DCCF method, the bankruptcy court's solvency determination in a notorious fraud case, and a New York court's stock valuation involving a family-owned specialty foods distributor.
- Huff Fund Inv. P'ship v. CKx, Inc., 2014 Del. Ch. LEXIS 82 (May 19, 2014) (follow up to: Huff Fund Inv. P'ship v. CKx, Inc., 2013 Del. Ch. LEXIS 262 (Oct. 31, 2013))
- Laidler v. Hesco Bastion Envtl., 2014 Del. Ch. LEXIS 73 (May 12, 2014)
- Barnes v. Barnes, 2014 Tenn. App. LEXIS 200 (April 10, 2014)
- Matter of Adelstein, 2014 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 2542 (April 16, 2014) and Matter of Adelstein, 2011 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 5956 (Nov. 3, 2011)
- In re Adelphia Communs. Corp., 2014 Bankr. LEXIS 2011 (May 6, 2014)
- Taubman v. U.S. Bank, N.A., 2014 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 4303 (June 17, 2014)
- Identify which recent cases are of most importance for the practice of business appraisal
- Define how these cases will affect the work of appraisers and other financial experts
- Identify which emerging trends could have the biggest potential to disrupt the practice of business appraisal
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.