Valuations for Transactional vs. Non-Transactional Purposes: The Intersection of Wall Street and Main Street
Part 2 of BVR's Advanced Webinar Series on Valuations for Business Transactions
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
As any appraiser can tell you, not all values are equal, and considerations of hypothetical markets, buyers, and sellers affect the ultimate conclusion of value. When those hypothetical parties become real, the purpose, scope, and analysis often change more drastically.
In part two of BVR's Advanced Webinar Series on Valuations for Business Transactions, Jeff Tarbell and series curator Craig Jacobson discuss how business appraisals differ for transaction and non-transaction purposes. Learn how private business appraisers, private equity groups, and investment banks approach business valuation, and how differences in these methods can lead to opportunity for the private business appraiser independent of the transaction process.
- Introduction: Framing the discussion
- Situations where valuations are performed
- Engagement procedures
- Approaches and methodologies used
- Application of discounts and premiums
- How conclusions are communicated to the client
- Define how private business appraisals and appraisals for investment banking differ
- Define how private business appraisals and appraisals for investment banking are similar
- Identify best practices in investment banking that can be applied to private business appraisal
- Identify best practices in private business appraisal that can be applied to investment banking
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.