Proper Use of the Multi-Period Excess Earning Method
Part 4 of BVR's 2014 Online Symposium on Fair Value Measurement
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
The Multi-Period Excess Earnings Method (MPEEM) has emerged as a common methodology for determining the valuation of intangible assets. Its analysis of a stream of revenue and expenses associated with a particular group of assets make the MPEEM a powerful income-based approach. With great power, however, comes great responsibility - in this case the appraiser's selection of MPEEM inputs and careful analysis of its outputs. In "Proper Use of the Multi-Period Excess Earning Method," part 4 of BVR's 2014 Online Symposium on Fair Value Measurement, expert appraiser and Appraisal Foundation Board Vice-Chair, Anthony Aaron, joins BVR to examine how to properly utilize this powerful valuation technique.
- History of the Method (through the late 1990's)
- The AICPA IPR&D Task Force (1998-2001)
- SFAS 141/142 (2001)
- SEC Speeches (2000's)
- SFAS 157 and SFAS 141R (2007-2008)
- The Appraisal Foundation's Contributory Asset Charge Working Group (2007-2010)
- IPR&D practice aid update, TAF CRI Working Group
- Where we are today: Practical Guidance
- Learn how and when to apply the muti-period excess earnings method (MPEEM)
- Learn how the implementation and use of the MPEEM has evolved
- Learn how current guidance and professional standards on utilizing the MPEEM were derived
- Learn what the latest thinking and guidance on using the MPEEM
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.