Advanced Workshop on Estate & Gift Valuations for the IRS
BVR's Interactive Web Workshops
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Of late, much uncertainty has surrounded appraisals for estate and gift tax purposes. Though as financial experts watch judicial action and legislative inaction closely for signs of change and stability, the work of estate and gift appraisals continues with a singular constant: the Internal Revenue Service as reviewer.
In the Advanced Workshop on Estate & Gift Valuations for the IRS, expert Michael Gregory, a former territory manager with the IRS, joins BVR for an in-depth examination of what appraisers should know when performing a valuation for estate and gift tax purposes in light of IRS review. Join Gregory as he leads attendees through how the IRS views S-corp and FLP valuations, discounts for lack of marketability and control, and how appraisals work through the IRS structure, among other topics. For anyone preparing work that may be subject to IRS review, this intensive, four-hour workshop is not to be missed.
- Working with the IRS: Readers, Resolvers, and Issues
- Organization of the IRS
- Large Business and International (LB&I)
- Small Business Self Employed (SBSE)
- Who Controls Case - and Who is the Decision Maker at the IRS
- Other Important Divisions
- Issue Resolution
- Actual Cases
- Valuing Interests in S-Corp Valuations
- 1120S Corporations Background
- Court Cases Summarized
- Valuation Approaches Used
- Personal Observations
- Discounts for Lack of Marketability (DLOM) and the IRS
- IRS Job Aid on Discount for Lack of Marketability at irs.gov Originally Prepared 9/2009 for IRS Valuers
- August 2011 Developments
- The Job Aide Public and Private
- Comments on the Job Aid
- Comments Since Entering Private Practice Regarding DLOM's
- Family Limited Partnerships (FLP's)
- Prerogatives of Control
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Learn how the structure and organization of the IRS can affect the review of your work
- Learn how sub chapter S rules affect valuations for estate and gift purposes
- Learn how to treat discounts for lack of marketability and control when preparing for the IRS
- Learn what views the IRS holds on contentious appraisal methods and thinking, and how best to prepare for comments and review in these areas
- Learn how to prepare and defend a sound estate & gift valuation for IRS consumption and review
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.