Calculating Damages for Insured Claims
Part 9 of BVR's 2013 Online Symposium on Economic Damages
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Fulfilling a claim against a "business interruption" or "time element" insurance policy involves a nuanced assessment of the complete picture of the claim, including the pre- and post-interruption value of the business and the nature of the interruption. While the methodologies used to assess these values are in many ways no different than those used in other business appraisal or lost profits settings, their proper application and analysis requires a knowledge of how these claims are made, processed, and reviewed. In part 9 of BVR's Online Symposium on Economic Damages, expert attorney and series co-curator Jonathan Dunitz will provide listeners with the insights necessary to perform a sound assessment of damages for an insured claim.
- Business Income (and Extra Expense) Coverage
- Lost Profits versus Business Income/Interruption Insurance
- Definition of policy terms
- Overview of policy structure
- Additional coverages
- Checklist for first 24 hours after loss
- Learn why insured claims are analyzed
- Learn how insurance policy structures and definitions can impact the damages analysis and what financial experts and attorneys should do to prepare for these factors
- Learn how non-standard nuances in policies can impact the assessment of damages
- Learn the best practices for assessing damages for insured claims
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.