Valuations vs. Calculations: Advice & Guidance from Professional Standards
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, July 11, 2013
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
At first glance, the choice between a valuation and a calculation is simple. Each is a well-defined option for the business appraisal process, with a clear scope, and a clear outcome. A closer look, however, reveals many questions and gray areas. How, for instance, should an appraiser reconcile the definitions put forth by SSVS and USPAP? What liabilities, if any, is an appraiser exposed to under either a calculation or a valuation? In "Valuations vs. Calculations: Advice & Guidance from Professional Standards" BVR welcomes an all-star panel to discuss these and other obstacles facing appraisers trying to make sense of this seemingly simple choice.
- Defining assignment
- Engagement letter
- Scope of work
- Development vs. reporting
- What is a valuation?
- What is a calculation?
- What do the standards say?
- Learn how to properly define the valuation assignment in order to define the scope of work and the final deliverable
- Learn how valuations and calculations are defined, how they differ, and what each implies for the preparer
- Learn what professional standards say about calculations and valuations, and what the impact of these differences on practices
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.