Valuing Sports Franchises
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Though the Steinbrenners, Cubans, and Jerry Jones of the world may be the most famous owners in sports they and their teams represent but a small component of a large and diverse industry. Considering the operation of teams in major and minor sports leagues often involves a significant intangible franchise asset component, as well as minority ownership interests, no two valuations of sports franchises are the same.
On September 15, BVR welcomes Drew Dorweiler for "Valuing Sports Franchises," the latest installment of BVR's Industry Spotlight Series. Join Dorweiler as he explains the operational characteristics of sports franchises and their ramifications on the valuation process.
- Purposes of sports franchise valuation
- Ways in which sports franchises illustrate different standards of value
- Value drivers in sports franchises
- Valuation approaches with sports franchises
- Impact of professional sports leagues on value of member franchises
- Operational characteristics and nuances
- Sports franchise intangibles
- Further considerations:
- Tax treatment
- Franchise agreements
- Player contracts
- Learn the nuances and complexities of sports franchise operations and, by extension, valuations
- Learn how valuation techniques can be applied to sports franchises and which are better suited to these unique entities
- Learn where to find the many intangible assets of sports franchises and how to assess their value
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
- Instructions for retrieving the Self-Study exam materials
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
Self-Study CPE credits are available for this program.
Here are the steps to prepare for and receive the program's Self-Study CPE credits:
- Purchase the Training Pack for this program (see the link above).
- Review the course materials and exam instructions provided with the Training Pack.
- Once you're ready, take the online Self-Study CPE Exam for this program.
A minimum of 70% of the exam's questions must be answered correctly to pass, and the exam must be completed within one year of purchasing the Training Pack.
- After you've finished the exam, you will be asked to pay a $100 CPE processing charge.
- Once BVR has your successfully completed exam and processing fee, you will be sent a CPE certificate via email 10-20 business days later.
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
- Program Level: Advanced
- Preparation Required: None
- Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
- Recommended CPE: 2.0 Credit Hours (Specialized Knowledge & Applications)
Business Valuation Resources is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National
Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.