Cost of Capital in Cross-Border Valuations
BVR's Special Series on Advanced Modeling and Methodologies
Thursday, January 27, 2022
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
Register to attend this event:
- Framework for cross-border valuations.
- How to avoid the common errors analysts make when performing cross-border valuations Different approaches for incorporating country risk in cross-border valuations due to varying financial, economic, and political risks.
- Overview of more commonly used international cost of equity models, and an answer to the question “Which model should I use?”
- Sources of international (e.g., Canada, Europe, U.K.) discount rate data and information (e.g., risk-free rates, equity risk premia, betas, size premia, etc.), including a brief overview of COVID-19’s continuing impact on cost of capital inputs.
- A comprehensive case study that walks you through various methods of developing cross-border cost of capital estimates.
- List alternative sources of international cost of capital data and information (e.g., risk-free rates, equity risk premia, betas, size premia, etc.);
- Define country risk;
- Describe the common approaches for incorporating country risk in a cross-border valuation;
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of international cost of equity models;
- Apply a framework for developing cost of capital estimates for use in cross-border valuations;
Multi-User CPE Policy
Admission to this program includes one CPE certificate for one individual. Any additional listeners requesting CPE must pay a processing fee assessed at the completion of the online CPE survey for this course.
CPE Processing Fees may be bypassed by entering a valid, unused CPE Authorization Code (for single event purchasers) or by logging into BVR's website (for subscribers to BVR's Training Series).
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
- Program Level: Advanced
- Preparation Required: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE: 2.0 Credit Hours (Accounting – Technical)
Business Valuation Resources is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National
Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.