What Business Valuers Need to Know and What to Do if Audited by the IRS with 25 Golden Suggestions
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
The IRS has recently undertaken some major initiatives in business valuation. Many of these relate to estate and gift tax and examination functions in the “Small Business Self Employed” and the “Large Business and International” divisions associated with BV. Michael Gregory examines those initiatives and guides analysts through successful negotiations with the IRS. Subscribers will learn 25 “golden rules” to help in resolving issues with the IRS.
- What the IRS intends to do:
- Quality audit;
- Quantity of returns; and
- Taxpayer bill of rights.
- National classification process.
- Local classification process.
- How are business valuation cases selected for examination?
- Are there any red flags in the IRS classification process that will guarantee an audit of your business valuation report?
- Ramifications at the IRS on BV audits.
- Outside of business valuation observations.
- Three IRS Job Aids.
- What has the IRS found out from court cases?
- Pertinent federal court cases on business valuation.
- Administrative and technical rules to help you with issues at the IRS and with others.
- Emotional, conversational, and listening intelligence.
- Twenty-five golden rules.
- How can you avoid an audit in the first place?
- When you research court cases by a specific judge on business valuation issues, what should you look for?
- What is the Columbo technique during an IRS audit?
- The IRS mission.
- Understand how the IRS looks at business valuations;
- Identify changes in IRS business valuation initiatives for 2021;
- Explore four adjustment areas on business valuation reports;
- Apply strategies for working with the IRS through 25 “golden rules,” which are updated from Mike’s book, Business Valuations and the IRS: Five Books in One; and
- Reference specific techniques that can be used to cooperate, collaborate and compromise.
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.