Valuing Marketable Securities Portfolios
BVR's Special Series on Advanced Modeling and Methodologies
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
- What closed-end funds are and why they are used in the valuation of MES portfolios;
- Types of CEFs: general equity, specialized equity, fixed income, municipal bonds, and hedge funds;
- Relevant court cases involving the valuation of MES portfolios;
- Sources of CEF data and discounts;
- Analysis of MES portfolios and comparison to potential guideline CEFs; and
- Special situations—MES portfolios consisting of private investment company investments (hedge funds and private equity), MES portfolios in C and S corporations, and MES portfolios in operating companies and real estate holding companies;
- Discount for lack of marketability issues with MES portfolios
- Explain why CEFs are used in the valuation of MES portfolios;
- Find freely available information on CEFs, including portfolio composition, performance, discounts, screening resources;
- List the factors driving CEF discounts;
- Discuss key comparison criteria to select the best available CEF guideline companies;
- Apply the appropriate discount for lack of control and lack of marketability for MES portfolios; and
- Incorporate the valuation of MES portfolios into other types of valuations.
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.