Decoding the Cross-Professional Maze: A Guide to Persuasive Real Estate-Related Valuations
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Key disconnects between the real estate and business valuation professions that can blow up holding company and other real estate-related valuations. Join Dennis A. Webb to learn about the built-in conflicts between real estate appraisal and business valuation. Do you think that the two related professions would have a common understanding of valuation premises, use of data, and the appraisal process generally? They don’t. Misunderstandings and blind spots affect valuations of pretty much any business for which real estate is a principal asset. This includes principally asset holding companies (FLPs, LLCs, even tenant-in-common interests) and special-use real estate (generally “going concern” contributions to real estate value). Business appraisers are not expected to value the real estate, but they do need to be able to ask the right questions.
- Surviving the built-in conflicts between real property appraisal and business valuation
- Asset holding companies (FLPs, LLCs, even tenant-in-common interests)
- Special-use real estate (generally “going concern” contributions to real estate value)
- Finding the real estate appraisal’s embedded assumptions that will bite you
- Knowing key differences between the ‘outside’ real estate market and the ‘inside’ partnership reality
- Mastering the fundamentals of asset price allocation for a real estate-dominated business and its special-use property
- Recognizing when and how real property and business appraisers need to work together
- Recognize the real estate appraisal’s embedded assumptions
- List the differences between the ‘outside’ real estate market and the ‘inside’ partnership reality
- Restate the fundamentals of asset price allocation for a real estate-dominated business and its special-use property
- Describe when and how real property and business appraisers need to work together
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.