Monte Carlo 101: How to Set Up Your First Simulation
BVR's Webinar Series
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
Register to attend this event:
Join Oksana Westerbeke and Keith Konen to learn the basics of the Monte Carlo simulation. Review the pros and cons of different software used for Monte Carlo simulations. Then dive into the steps to set up your first Monte Carlo simulation with a detailed discussion of the “assumptions” and “forecast” of the Monte Carlo simulation, the analytics and output, and troubleshooting. Learn through the hands-on visual presentation of designing and implementing a Monte Carlo simulation for a path-dependent option and an earnout.
- Summary of Monte Carlo uses and purposes
- Description of a simulation model
- Building a simulation model for a path dependent option
- Building a simulation model for a earnout
- Troubleshooting a simulation model
- Analyzing the statistics from the simulation
- Develop a Monte Carlo analysis to analyze a path dependent option
- Develop a Monte Carlo analysis to value an earnout
- Analyze the results of the simulation
Multi-User CPE Policy
Admission to this program includes one CPE certificate for one individual. Any additional listeners requesting CPE must pay a processing fee assessed at the completion of the online CPE survey for this course.
CPE Processing Fees may be bypassed by entering a valid, unused CPE Authorization Code (for single event purchasers) or by logging into BVR's website (for subscribers to BVR's Training Series).
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
- Program Level: Advanced
- Preparation Required: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE: 2.0 Credit Hours (Accounting – Technical)
Business Valuation Resources is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National
Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.