Federal Tax Litigation, Expert Witnesses, and the IRS
BVR's Webinar Series
Tuesday, June 29, 2021
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
Register to attend this event:
Michael Gregory will address key rules for federal expert witnesses, valuation issues with the IRS, identify key recent BV federal cases, and introduce you to what to expect in 2022. This session will also share information you need from a business valuer that mediates, negotiates, and facilitates alternative dispute resolution to give clients timely closure with significant savings with the IRS and others. After this session you will be able to: reference key federal statutes for expert witnesses, discuss the implications of real-world business valuation issues with the IRS, distinguish roles of various players, differentiate when various tactics may be appropriate, and develop a plan to make appropriate recommendations to clients.
• Understanding The IRS and Issue Resolution
• Expert Witnesses and the IRS
• IRS Outside Fee Appraiser Program
• Two White Papers on IRS Experts
• Example Lessons Learned from a Court Case
• Common Errors in Reports
• Strategies, Testimony, Concerns, Exclusion and Disasters
• What About Settlement
• Key Take Away Information
Reasonable compensation and the IRS
• Discounts for Lack of Marketability and the IRS
• S-corp commentary
• IRS future budget and outlook
As a result of this session, participants will be able to:
- Reference key statutes related to federal expert witnesses;
- Reference IRS key statistics related to estate and gift tax returns;
- Identify the two most common adjustments by the IRS in 2021;
- Know the sources the IRS uses for reasonable compensation;
- Apply appropriate models for DLOMs;
- Define The Collaboration Effect®; and
- Understand key initiatives by the IRS going forward.
Multi-User CPE Policy
Admission to this program includes one CPE certificate for one individual. Any additional listeners requesting CPE must pay a processing fee assessed at the completion of the online CPE survey for this course.
CPE Processing Fees may be bypassed by entering a valid, unused CPE Authorization Code (for single event purchasers) or by logging into BVR's website (for subscribers to BVR's Training Series).
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
- Program Level: Advanced
- Preparation Required: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE: 2.0 Credit Hours (Accounting – Technical)
Business Valuation Resources is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National
Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.