Fairness Opinions in Today's Economy
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, July 15, 2010
12:00am-2:00am PT • 3:00am-5:00am ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
In 2006 BVR hosted expert appraiser Craig Jacobson in an in-depth review of fairness opinions. Since that presentation unprecedented changes have occurred through regulation, court case law, and – of course – the economy. In this presentation Jacobson rejoins BVR with attorney Jeffrey Rothschild to cover how these changes affect fairness opinions. From changes to the processes of determining value to operating in the current regulatory and market environment, Jacobson and Rothschild discuss how classic considerations and emerging trends affect you in this must-hear presentation.
- Fairness opinion basics
- Why fairness opinions are of interest to valuation professionals
- Difference between valuation and a fairness opinions
- Opportunities and needs for fairness opinion
- Who requests a fairness opinion
- Valuation analyses as performed for a fairness opinion
- The work product related to a fairness opinion
- Legal/regulatory issues
- Fairness opinion engagement letters
- Fiduciary duty
- Case law update
- Regulatory environment update
- FINRA Rule 5150
- Entire fairness standard
- Valuation considerations
- Importance of the standard of value
- Consideration of synergies
- Consideration of lower asset prices
- Consideration of volatile securities markets
- Consideration of precedent transactions
- Required rate of return
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
- Instructions for retrieving the Self-Study exam materials
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
Self-Study CPE credits are available for this program.
Here are the steps to prepare for and receive the program's Self-Study CPE credits:
- Purchase the Training Pack for this program (see the link above).
- Review the course materials and exam instructions provided with the Training Pack.
- Once you're ready, take the online Self-Study CPE Exam for this program.
A minimum of 70% of the exam's questions must be answered correctly to pass, and the exam must be completed within one year of purchasing the Training Pack.
- After you've finished the exam, you will be asked to pay a $100 CPE processing charge.
- Once BVR has your successfully completed exam and processing fee, you will be sent a CPE certificate via email 10-20 business days later.
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
- Program Level: Advanced
- Preparation Required: None
- Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
- Recommended CPE: 2.0 Credit Hours (Specialized Knowledge & Applications)
Business Valuation Resources is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National
Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.