American Business Appraisers & BVR Annual Key Issues Update
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, October 29, 2020
10:00am-2:00pm PT • 1:00pm-5:00pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
PPP Impact on Valuation
- How the Paycheck Protection Program affects accounting and valuation
- The complexities the program can cause on valuations
- Real life examples of issues going on in the past couple months
BVR Valuation Update
- Show alternative method(s) for valuing poorly performing businesses, and how to structure them for sale
- How to recognize negative goodwill
- Understand earnouts and the BVR research on earnouts
- How to handle PPP funding, forgiveness and possible repayment in the event of a sale
COVID-19 and Business Valuation: Where We Are Now and Where it Takes Us
- Business valuation fundamentals
- How fundamentals are impacted in current environment
- Economic variables
- How they have impacted valuation
- Industry impacts of COVID
- How to approach industry risk
- Outline the different approaches to address the new risk variables introduced by COVID
Common Cents Cybersecurity
- What is cybersecurity?
- How cybersecurity duties arise in businesses.
- What is the cost of a cybersecurity failure?
- Assigning value to cybersecurity
- Describe PPP most recent rule changes & key points
- List potential valuation issues caused by PPP
- Restate how the forgiveness process works and what happens if loan is not forgiven
- Describe how to value businesses in the COVID19 era
- restate to value businesses with negative goodwill, structure those deals, and advise buyers and sellers
- Define what earnouts are, different ways to structure and value them, and why they may become more common in this current economic environment
- Describe how fundamentals are impacted in current environment
- Demonstrate how economic variables have impacted valuation
- Describe why a secure company is more valuable.
- Restate what to look for in evaluating the cybersecurity of a company
- Describe the role of third-party services in cybersecurity
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.