Applications of the Asset-based Approach to Value Operating Businesses
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, January 9, 2020
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
- The asset-based valuation approach within the context of the three generally accepted business valuation approaches
- Strengths and weaknesses of the application of the asset-based approach
- Generally accepted asset-based approach valuation methods
- Differences between the asset-based (business) valuation approach and the cost (property) valuation approach
- Procedures to value working capital accounts
- Procedures to value real estate
- Procedures to value tangible personal property
- Procedures to value identifiable intangible assets
- Procedures to value goodwill
- Procedures to value long-term debt and contingent liabilities
- Consideration of make-ready expenses, disposition expenses, economic obsolescence, and income tax liabilities
- Illustrative example of an asset accumulation method analysis
- Illustrative example of an adjusted net asset value method analysis
- Identify and justify business valuation assignments that would benefit from the application of the asset-based approach
- Recognize and explain the differences between the asset accumulation method and the adjusted net asset value method
- Describe and apply the generally accepted property methods for valuing individual asset accounts and individual liability accounts
- Distinguish and apply the asset-based approach to conclude either a going-concern value indication or a liquidation value indication
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.