Pure vs. Salable Personal Goodwill: Drilling Down in Divorce Valuations
BVR's Webinar Series
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
- The critical difference between “pure personal goodwill” and “salable personal goodwill”
- A theory as to why the “personal goodwill” issue is such a mess
- FMV automatically excludes pure personal goodwill
- The economic substance of a covenant not to compete
- The reasoning and clarity advantage for limiting the definition of personal goodwill to be consistent with our nationwide treatment for FMV
- Using actual case studies the attendee will learn to recognize the potential unintended windfall consequence of excluding “salable personal goodwill”
- Distinguish between different definitions/interpretations of personal goodwill
- Describe the economic substance of a covenant not to compete
- Describe the reasoning and clarity advantage for limiting the definition of personal goodwill to be consistent with our nationwide treatment for FMV
- Describe the critical difference between personal goodwill and “saleable personal goodwill”
- Restate using the actual case studies how to recognize the potential unintended consequence of excluding “saleable personal goodwill”
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.