The Devil in the Valuation Details: Top 10 Questions Lawyers and Healthcare Organizations Ask
BVR's Special Series presented by the BVR/AHLA Guide to Healthcare Industry Finance and Valuation
Wednesday, July 31, 2019
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($269.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
- Why do we need a Fair Market Value Opinion?
- When should we hire a valuator? What is their role/responsibility?
- Why can’t a valuator provide a quick answer based on summary data
- Why is it important to review such detailed information, including productivity reports?
- Why is the Fair Market Value result less than what the business reported receiving from a private equity firm? How can a hospital compete?
- Why does the valuator need to consider all aspects of a transaction rather than just the contract for which they’ve been engaged to provide an opinion?
- Why aren’t hospital payor rates incorporated into the projected revenue?
- When and why does the valuator develop a detailed capital budget?
- When is it appropriate to consider potential future growth of the business in the valuation?
- We understand we need a valuation opinion for an asset acquisition, but do we need a valuation opinion for other arrangements as well?
- Address common questions about healthcare valuation in relation to transactions between hospitals and physicians
- Identify the various reasons hospitals and health systems are concerned with fair market value in transaction negotiations and the implications of healthcare regulations on the standard of value utilized
- Recognize the importance of considering all aspects of a transaction when preparing a valuation of a healthcare entity
- Identify and avoid common missteps in healthcare valuation and understand the importance of a thorough understanding of the healthcare industry
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.