Valuing Closely Held Farms and Ranches with Economic Reality
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
- Define unique circumstances owning a minority interest of farm/ranch ownership
- How the Partnership/Operating Agreement plays a role
- Describe approaches used to value such interest
- Discuss court cases to buttress the Weighted Approach
- Outline how to incorporate the rate of return study of publicly-held real estate limited partnerships and REITS to calculate the appropriate capitalization rate
- Discuss how to deal with discounts for lack of control and marketability
- Determine what weighting is appropriate
- Describe methods to test the reasonableness of the weighting and overall discount
- Outline tips on report writing
- Understand the unique circumstances of owning a minority interest in an entity that owns and operates a farm/ranch
- Understand how components of entity’s partnership/operating agreement can affect how to weight the approaches, or if it is even appropriate
- Discover how to weight valuation approaches to determine a value of a minority interest using both valuation theory and economic realities
- Learn about applicable court cases and how they support such approach
- Explore the rate of return study of publicly-held real estate limited partnerships and REITs to appropriately calculate the capitalization rate in farm/ranch valuations
- Expand knowledge of discounts for lack of control and marketability as they pertain to farm/ranch entities
- Understanding the Weighted Approach and the appropriate weighting
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.