Dividing Goodwill: A Case Study in Active and Passive Appreciation
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
- Understand the importance of appropriation of active and passive wealth, and the factors that drive demand in this area of matrimonial work
- The difference between active (spousal effort), and passive (economic environment) components
- Learn the empirical estimation method for identifying significant economic environmental factors and their relative contribution to growth in revenues for selected product categories
- Identify the separate property component of the business
- Estimate the passive increase in value of this separate property during marriage.
- Identify the causal factors impacting the change in value of the separate property during the marriage that are outside the control of the parties
- Measure the partial and aggregate impact of the identified causal factors, individually and collectively, on the change in value of the separate property during the period of marriage.
- Identify the proportion of total appreciation attributable to passive factors.
- Empirical data and methodology
- Areas for further research
- Describe the difference between active and passive appreciation in a matrimonial litigation setting
- Demonstrate a method to separate passive from total appreciation using empirical evidence
- Describe the data and evidence supporting the active/passive method
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.