Behind the Bench: Two Experts and a Judge on Valuation in the Courtroom
BVR's Webinar Series
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
- Introduction to the concepts in the Business Valuation Bench Book
- What does Judge Zampino look for in an expert?
- How should an expert present in a courtroom?
- Technical knowledge
- When there are different opinions, how do Judges evaluate and experts present business valuation concepts in the courtroom such as:
- The Standard of Value
- Valuation Approaches
- Valuation Methodologies
- Analysis of The Business and Industry
- Nature and History of The Business
- Normalization Adjustments
- Income to Capitalize
- Capitalization Rates
- What methods and techniques can experts and judges use when there are:
- Different interpretations of how to apply a Standard of Value
- Wildly different conclusions of value, but both seem reasonable
- Failure to comply with discovery or different interpretations of what documentation is needed to perform the valuation
- Different valuation dates
- Different approaches
- Different methodologies within an approach
- And others
This program will provide insight to the following groups:
- Judges on how to compare and evaluate valuation testimony
- Lawyers on how to more effectively present direct and cross examination
- Experts on how to prepare and present testimony
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.