Valuation of Private Equity Firms and Interests
Part 7 of BVR's Special Series on Banking and Financial Services
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
- Private equity industry overview and current trends
- Typical valuation areas
- Overview of PE fund’s lifecycle, typical fund management structures and terms:
- Fund’s lifecycle and “J-Curve”
- Fund management structures- single management/GP entity v. separate management/GP entity
- Introduction to allocation of cashflow between PE fund’s investors and PE firm as a general partner and a concept of a carried interest
- Overview of valuation methodologies
- Income approach:
- Key considerations and steps
- Discrete DCF vs. Monte Carlo Simulation-enhanced DCF
- Option pricing method
- Consideration of discounts for lack of control and marketability
- Typical challenges and issues in valuation of private equity firms and interests
- Describe private equity funds' lifecycle, typical fund management structures, and their impact on the valuation analysis
- Describe a carried interest in a PE fund and a typical allocation of cashflow from portfolio investments between PE fund investors and GP
- List valuation methodologies for management entity and carried interest/ GP entity, their application, and main pros and cons
- List specific issues that present challenges in valuation of private equity firms and interests
- Establish approaches for dealing with the valuation challenges specific to private equity firms and interests
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.