How Repurchase Obligations Impact Valuation
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, February 9, 2017
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
As more and more baby boomer business owners reach retirement age, the popularity of employee stock ownership plans (ESOP) are on the rise. Appraisers must become comfortable understanding how the future repurchase liability will impact the Company’s future financial condition and the value of the ESOP shares. The popularity of 100% S-Corporation ESOPs over the last two decades has created many mature ESOPs with baby boomer participants getting ready to retire and looking to cash out their ESOP account balances. The ability to understand how to handle these unique valuation dynamics and assist the Company and Trustees with decisions on the impact of various funding and distribution choices will be important to any appraiser working in this challenging valuation space. Chuck Coyne, Tabitha Croscut and Joseph Marx bring robust guidance on this advanced ESOP subject.
- What gives rise to the ESOP repurchase obligation?
- How should repurchase obligation be handled in the valuation?
- What methods are commonly used to fund repurchase obligation and what are the impacts on value?
- How is repurchase obligation measured?
- How does the repurchase obligation impact a company’s operations, growth and liquidity?
- Understand how repurchase obligation impacts the company’s cash flows and its ability to grow and invest in the future operations of the business
- Understand the best practices for handling the repurchase obligation in the ESOP valuation
- Learn what major factors contribute to the repurchase obligation and how they are commonly measured
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.