Common and Not So Common Errors in Business Valuation
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, March 2, 2017
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
To err is human, but try telling that to a client or attorney. Avoid embarrassment (or worse) and join Gary Trugman for a discussion about the most common errors that business appraisers make on a regular basis as well as errors that are much less obvious and are made frequently even by experienced practitioners. Learn best practices on how to avoid making errors, and establish processes that lead to quality reports every time. This easy to follow session will give practical and impactful takeaways for every level of practitioners; from basic to advanced.
- Definition of value
- Choice of valuation method(s)
- Relying on a "favorite" method
- Using methods that contradict each other
- Market data
- Selection of guideline companies
- Financial Analysis
- Discount and capitalization rates
- Premiums and discounts
- Interest and debt
- Typographical errors
- Illogical conclusion
- Understand many of the common errors in business valuation
- Increase awareness and avoid many of the uncommon errors in business valuation
- Learn how to correct many of the errors made in business valuation
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.