Valuing Banks: Day 1 Fundamentals
Part 2 of BVR's Special Series on Banking and Financial Services
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($199.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
According to the FDIC, 94 percent or 4,800 of all U.S. commercial banks are “community banks.” Community banks are closely held, have shareholders’ equity ranging from $5 million to $100 million, and have approximately 150 employees, on average. Due to unique regulatory and operating factors, valuation of a commercial bank requires industry-specific insights and knowledge. Join expert Keith Sellers for insight into all aspects of the valuation of U.S. commercial banks, focusing on “community banks. Day one focuses on establishing a solid foundation by reviewing operations, data sources and financials of community banks. Day two is an in depth case study (data provided) applying those fundamentals and gaining valuable experience. Attend both days to get the full value.
Note: While it is designed for participants to attend both sessions you may register and attend the Fundamentals and the Case Study separately.
- Introduction: How do banks differ from other industries and what are the challenges in valuing a commercial bank? Also, valuing banks versus valuing bank holding companies
- Commercial Bank Operations: How do banks make money, how do they lose money, and what are the risks you need to look for? Also, specific information to request from your client
- Data Acquisition: There is a wealth of data available for appraisers valuing commercial banks, most for free. We will discuss and demonstrate where to acquire the appropriate data and what to do with it
- Financial Statement Analysis: How to read a FDIC Call Report and FFIEC Uniform Bank Performance Report. Unique financial statements require industry knowledge
- Value drivers for commercial banks
- Risk factors, “red flags” and how to evaluate the risk profile of a commercial bank
- How to evaluate the financial performance and position of a commercial bank
- Where to acquire key industry-specific data as well as valuable qualitative information
- Where to acquire appropriate data for the market approach (public guideline and completed transaction)
- How to construct industry-specific cost of capital estimates
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.