The IRS’ Proposed Section 2704 Regulations: The Impact on and the Future of Estate and Gift Valuation
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, September 29, 2016
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
On August 4, 2016, the IRS published in the Federal Register a set of proposed new regulations under Chapter 14, Section 2704 of the Internal Revenue Code. These proposed regulations would have a significant impact on the valuation of private business entity interests for transfer tax (estate, gift, and generation-skipping) purposes. Join expert Curt Kimball and Chris Mercer for a dive into the valuation impacts and a discussion of what the IRS is attempting to do by promulgating these proposed regulations. In addition, there will be a discussion of the implications of the proposed changes to Section 2704 and how this affects long-accepted valuation standards and methods for determining fair market value of interests in family-owned private entities.
- Analysis of the proposed regulations
- Review of their implications
- Review comments that have been made to date by other practitioners such as members of the legal, financial planning, and business valuation communities
- Review current and future estate planning transactions that may be done to adapt to the changes in the regulations
- Participants will learn what the proposed regulations cover.
- Participants will learn the implications of the proposed regulations with respect to valuation issues.
- Participants will also be able to discuss planning and transactions that will involve valuations that will probably take place in anticipation of the changes to the regulations under Section 2704.
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.