Fair Value Valuation: Takeaways from SEC Comment Letters
Part 6 of BVR's Special Series on Fair Value
Tuesday, November 1, 2016
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Fair value measurement is a “hot-button” issue for the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), and valuation related areas such as purchase price allocations, contingent consideration, intangible assets, goodwill, investments and complex financial instruments continue to be a focus. Not only do valuation professionals providing services to public companies need to be aware of these critical issues, but the problems that are addressed are just as relevant to private company valuations. Join Lisa Swanson for a discussion of the most common valuation-related issues addressed in SEC comment letters and how anyone involved in financial reporting can learn from them.
- Discussion of SEC comment letter process
- Common valuation related topics addressed in SEC comment letters
- How to search the SEC database for valuation related comment letters
- Examples of specific valuation related comments from recent SEC comment letters
- Learn how the SEC Comment letter process generally works
- Gain a better understanding of valuation topics the SEC is currently addressing in comment letter
- Learn how to search the SEC database for valuation related comments
- Learn how valuation related SEC comments can be used to improve their valuation reports
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.