Using Guideline Public Company Data for Private Company Valuation
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, November 17, 2016
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Do you suffer from guideline-public-data-phobia? Symptoms include comparable company size anxiety and difficulty with adjustments and cost avoidance. You’re not alone. Many appraisers suffer from guideline-public-data-phobia, and avoid using public data in their private company valuation assignments. Perhaps it’s time for you to have a talk with an expert. Join Linda Trugman and Rob Schlegel for an update on this fundamental skill. Hear advice for factoring in public market evidence through economic and industry data to support analysis of betas and selection of guideline companies and specific company risk premiums. Be part of the discussion on the various sources for GPC data, and see examples of how to adjust for size and growth differences. Take the first step in curing your guideline-public-data-phobia, and be on your way to a stronger, more robust value conclusion.
- Background of GPC evidence, how this data provides the fundamental background for all valuation analyses
- Where to get this data through service providers as an alternative to digging out results from 10-Ks and 10-Qs
- Mechanics of adjusting GPC data for size and growth differences
- Importance of GPC data for the income approach.
- How we can use GPC data through economic and industry analysis to support our decisions regarding Betas and subject company risk
- Distinguish the advantages/disadvantages of seeking data from among the several data service providers
- Recognize the importance of data from publicly traded companies in undertaking appraisal assignments
- Prepare and defend better support for income approach calculations
- Understand how the size and growth adjustment procedures are undertaken and why this procedure makes the GPC companies more comparable to the appraisal subject
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.