Discounts: Beyond DLOC and DLOM
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
In estate and gift planning DLOC and DLOM have always been the discount headliners, but there is an entire cast of court approved characters that could play a critical role in your value determination. These discounts include lack of voting rights, veto power, non-homogeneous portfolio, tiered, contingent claims, and personal goodwill. Oh, and have you heard of the ”Mafia” Discount? Join this presentation with Lance Hall for a review of all the discounts you should know, why they are important and when to apply them. Expand your considerations and make your next discount conclusion a masterpiece.
- The “Other” Discounts:
- The High VIX Discount
- The Differences and Similarities of the Key Person Risk Discount and the Personal Goodwill Discount
- The Current Status of the Personal Goodwill Discount in Estate and Gift Tax
- The Mafia Discount
- Tiered Discounts
- The Non-Homogenous Property Discount
- The Built-In Gain Tax Discount
- The Corporate Form Discount
- The Emotional Discount
- The Confusion Discount
- The Lack-of-Full-Control Discount
- The Swing Vote Premium
- The Influence Premium
- The Undivided Interest Discount
- Tactics and Strategies on when to use the “other” discounts and when to fold them into the overall discount.
- Learn about less common discounts and understand the Court’s support for these discounts
- Recognize when opportunities may arise for the application of these “other” discounts in the course of a valuation
- Determine situation to use the less common discounts, or when to factor in the less common discounts as part of an overall larger discount
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.