Business Combinations: Case Studies in Purchase Price Allocations
Part 1 of BVR's Special Series on Fair Value
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($199.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
Part One: Attend a replay with expert appraiser Nathan DiNatale for an in depth discussion on best practices for and fair value assumptions used to prepare valuations of intangible assets and corresponding purchase price allocations. This can’t-miss replay includes a review of the fundamentals of FASB ASC 805: Business Combinations along with practical case studies. Get a solid understanding of purchase price allocation fundamentals..
- What are Contributory Assets
- What are Intangible Assets
- Methods of Valuing Intangible Assets
- The Cost Approach
- Cost Measurement
- Depreciation and Obsolescence Considerations
- Tax considerations
- Limitations of Cost Approach
- Sanity Check with Other Methods
- Examples of Methods
- Understand business combinations and relative fair value measurements based on current accounting standards and practice.
- Learn how to identify intangible assets in an acquisition and general accepted methodologies used to value those intangible assets.
- Review an example of an allocation of purchase price to understand the mechanic of the calculations
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.