Case Study: Applying the Empirical Method to Determine a DLOM
Part 3 of BVR's Special Series on Discounts for Lack of Marketability
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Is your DLOM accurate? Is your DLOM objective? Does your DLOM result in an increase in the effective rate of return of the investment? Join Bruce Johnson, of Munroe, Park & Johnson, for an in-depth case study that will empower you to answer these questions with even greater confidence. Master the resources and case law you can deploy when creating a defensible opinion in a minority valuation. An understanding of the Empirical Method is an advantage for experts who want to have edge in their next DLOM conclusion.
- Case Study
- What is a Discount for Lack of Marketability?
- The Basics
- What causes DLOMs in third party transactions
- Court Cases and Quotes
- Examination of Historical Studies
- Restricted Stock Studies
- IPO Studies
- Methodology to Use Rates of Return to Determine the DLOM
- Studies Supporting Incremental Increase
- Public vs. Private Equity Returns
- Restricted Stock Returns
- Long Term vs. Short Term Bonds
- Learn how to harness empirical evidence to quantify a discount for lack of marketability
- Understand how courts have viewed the techniques used in this webinar and how appraisers can best prepare their DLOM determinations
- Understand the quantitative and qualitative strengths of historical studies
- Describe where professional thinking currently stands on marketability discounts and what larger trends this may highlight
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.