Valuing Insurance Agencies
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Like most professional services firms, much of an insurance agency's value lies in its customer base, workforce, and the intangible factors that drive growth and margin. But, that doesn't mean all insurance agencies are created equal. The recurring revenue streams, low fixed asset intensity, and favorable financing characteristics have spurned industry consolidation. Private equity investors, financial institutions, and other participants have created a robust transaction environment. Join Lucas Parris of Mercer Capital for a review and in-depth case stufy of the valuation methodologies and drivers of value for insurance agencies and brokerages.
- Background and Industry Landscape
- Understanding the Insurance Cycle
- Role of agencies/brokerages in the insurance market
- Industry trends and evolution
- Valuation Methods
- Rules of thumb (or not)
- Market approaches
- Income approaches
- Key Value Drivers
- Organic vs. Acquisition Growth
- Normalization Adjustments
- Pro forma EBITDA
- Differentiating Factors
- Case Studies and Special Considerations
- Understand how insurance agencies differ from other players in the insurance sector
- Discuss the application of various valuation methods and the relation to industry rules of thumb
- Learn how to spot potential areas for earnings adjustments
- Understand key quantitative and qualitative drivers of value in the insurance industry
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.