Valuation of Complex Financial Instruments in the Energy Sector
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, December 17, 2015
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Join our three experts as they provide an introduction to the most common complex financial instruments utilized in the energy sector and their intended purposes. This program will cover the various methodologies, including Monte Carlo and Lattice Modeling, with a special focus on valuing these instruments for fair value purposes. Discussion will also include common over-the-counter securities that are not exchange-traded. Matthew Goldberg, Ernie de Lachia and Pablo Alfaro of BDO Consulting will share their first hand knowledge that will benefit anyone in the energy, finance or valuation fields.
- Equity compensation structures used by companies in the energy sector
- Review valuation techniques and considerations.
- A case study will look at the impact of using various equity compensation structures.
- Convertible debt financing strategies utilized by companies in the energy sector
- Overview of commonly used valuation techniques.
- Valuation techniques utilized to value earnouts in energy sector transaction.
- Over the counter derivative instruments most frequently utilized in the energy space today
- Valuation models and how they are used in practice to value over the counter derivative instruments
- Describe typical valuation methodologies used to value various types of awards granted to employees in the energy sector
- Learn why companies issue convertible debt securities and the approaches which are used to value these securities
- Understand the financial instrument types and the objectives for the most commonly used over the counter derivative instruments in the energy sector
- Gain an understanding of the approaches and potential pitfalls in valuing a portfolio of over the counter derivative instruments
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.