Treasonable Compensation? The Continued Misapplication of the Excess Earnings Method
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, November 19, 2015
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Just when BV practioners thought that reasonable compensation in professional practices had been figured out, Kevin Yeanoplos and Ron Seigneur are here to stir things up. The (mis)application of the excess earnings method has vexed appraisers to no end. In this session, you’ll confront the most common errors that you don’t even know you are making when it comes to reasonable compensation. Be a part of this practice-changing session.
- Selecting earnings
- Development of rates of return
- Reconciling weighted average cost of capital and weighted average return on assets
- Importance of reasonable compensation
- Understanding reasonable compensation data
- Sources of underlying data
- Importance of digging behind data
- Inherent return on assets
- Commingling employee/owner returns
- Alternatives for Selecting Reasonable Compensation
- Using senior staff compensation and adjusting for experience
- Base reasonable compensation in billing rates
- Base compensation on non-partner similar professionals
- Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of the excess earnings method
- Learn the importance of reconciling WACC and WARA, the accounting equation revisited
- Understand the hidden “gotchas” of reasonable compensation resources
- Learn alternative methods of defusing the “gotchas”
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.