DLOM: Volatility Models and Restricted Stock Discounts
Part 1 of BVR's Special Series on Discounts for Lack of Marketability
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Join expert John Stockdale for a practical and comparative look at eight computational DLOM models that use volatility as an input, including option and CAPM-based models as well as the sigma-DLOM curve. Stockdale will compare the performance of these models at varying volatilities to restricted stock discount data from the FMV and Pluris databases to determine how well they work. He will also cover the nuances of restricted stock discount data and how to handle the issues that arise in their analysis and use.
- Discussion of restricted stock discount studies
- The limitations of the older classical restricted stock studies
- The characteristics of restricted stock discounts from different eras of SEC required holding periods
- The characteristics of commercially available restricted stock discount databases
- Some issues in working with restricted stock discount studies
- The relationship between volatility and the size of restricted stock discounts
- Discussion of computational DLOM models that use volatility as an input
- The formulas for each model
- The effectiveness of each model in comparison to restricted stock discount data.
- Discussion of common stock volatility
- Range of volatility of classes and securities
- A discussion of a method of estimating volatility
- Gain insight into restricted stock discounts including the strengths and weakness of various studies and the relationship of the size of the discount compared to volatility and SEC holding period
- Learn the formulas for 8 different computational DLOM models and the effectiveness of each model
- Learn the historical volatility associated with classes of securities and a method for estimating volatility
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.