Valuing Beer, Wine, and Alcohol Distributors
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
There is perhaps no industry more prone to valuation innuendo than that of alcoholic beverage distribution. Because there is no silver bullet to the valuation of beverage wholesalers, appraisers must develop a cohesive position to properly define and develop their valuations, all with the understanding that fair market value can and often will contrast with marketplace rumors and anecdotal transaction information. Join Mercer Capital's Timothy Lee as he reviews an abundance of issues that business appraisers must address and reconcile to develop plausible valuations. Mr. Lee's beverage industry experience has been focused on the malt beverage segment and includes valuation and advisory projects related to trust and estate activities, buyout financing, ownership succession, shareholder disputes, brand transactions and more.
Examples and case studies will be interspersed with an agenda covering:
- Background and Industry Considerations
- Legal and regulatory environment
- Perspectives on beverage suppliers
- Industry trends and category evolution
- Special Issues and Considerations
- Rules of thumb (not so fast)
- Transaction data (or not)
- Standard, level and premise of value (confusion can rein)
- Perspectives on the cost of capital
- Methodology (the hunt for reconciliation between FMV and "market" transactions)
- Rules of thumb (not so fast)
- Define the alcohol distribution industry and specific issues and trends to consider
- Discuss the legal and regulatory environment
- Learn specific considerations related to common valuation approaches as they relate to Beer, Wine, and Alcohol Distributors
- Identify areas of concerns regarding valuation standards and data
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.