Valuing IP Using Apportionment Models
Part 7 of BVR's 2015 Special Series on Intellectual Property
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
More and more, intellectual properties (IP) and intangible assets (IA) drive the success and valuation of businesses. However, IP and IA need other assets and resources to generate revenue and earnings for a business. For a business to best use its IP assets, tools to evaluate the contributions made by IP are becoming a required component of the business manager’s tool kit. Join expert speaker Brian Buss of Nevium as he covers the value and contribution to business profitability of both IP and IA. Buss has adapted many of the commonly used approaches to analyze and value IP in order to develop a valuation apportionment model that has proven useful to guide business managers to more effective strategic decisions regarding use of their proprietary assets and to drive additional profits. Attendees will gain an understanding of the theory and concepts supporting this apportionment model and the analytical steps required to apply the model in strategic advisory engagements.
- Review need for apportionment analyses
- Discuss the theory underlying apportionment analysis
- Present the apportionment model used by Nevium in valuation and strategy assignments
- Steps in using the apportionment model
- Understand the reasons to conduct an apportionment analysis
- Review analytical tools to identify the key assets and resources used by a business organization, and tools to quantify the contribution to organizational profits made by each asset and resource
- Learn how to apply apportionment models to help clients evaluate strategic decisions
- Learn the steps to develop apportionment-based valuation analyses for multiple valuation contexts
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.