Why You Need to Use Local Market Rates for FMV in Physician Compensation and How to Calculate Them
Part 5 of BVR's 2015 Special Series on Healthcare Valuation
Thursday, October 8, 2015
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Whether the determination of reasonable compensation is being used in a business valuation, divorce valuation, or an employment setting, "Survey Says" has become as popular in compensation valuation as it is in the game show Family Feud. This seminar introduces a new paradigm for the evaluation of physician fair market compensation based on hundreds of hours of research, modeling and writing by Mark Dietrich, a nationally recognized author, speaker and expert in the field of healthcare valuation, with input and assistance from Timothy Smith of Ankura Consulting, a nationally recognized expert on physician compensation valuation. Mark and Tim will provide a review of the new methodology and both speakers will be featured in the forthcoming 4th Edition of the Guide to Healthcare Industry Finance and Valuation. Gain valuable insight to the topic of physician compensation and the components that are critical to valuation, personal and practice goodwill, and commercial reasonableness assessments.
- MGMA Physician Compensation and Production Survey and fair market value compensation analysis: appropriate use of data
- Use of physician demographics and data for assessing medians
- Understanding how physicians are paid for their services under RBRVS and RVUs
- Local market rates per RVU using CPT ® frequency distribution reports and insurer payment data
- Repricing historical RVUs to produce market-best compensation
- Avoiding a commercial reasonableness attack
- Review the MGMA Physician Compensation and Production Survey including discussion on what is and is not included
- Learn about the data sources available you should be using to assess supply and demand for physician services.
- Understand the different resources for calculating the RVUs and the component types.
- Understand the different RVU components to gain insight into the return on labor versus the return on ownership
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.